The Philippine International Trading Corporation (PITC), under the office of the President, invites all interested individuals especially overseas Filipino workers in search of viable business and investment opportunities in the Philippines through the Order Negosyo or Franchising Program.
The program assists in processing documents needed to establish a new business. It has a list of reputable and seasoned franchise companies with proven track records and financial institutions offering financial assistance in starting a new venture.
List of Franchisors
Among the participating franchisors in Order Regalo are:
- Business Box
- Candy Corner
- Goto King
- Heltgard Hygiene Systems, Inc.
- Metropole Laundry & Dry Cleaners, Inc.
- Miggy's Super Tacos, Inc.
- Mister Donut
- Mr. Quickie
- Nacho King
- Potato Corner
FAQs About Order Negosyo
Why Order Negosyo?
Order Negosyo helps you put up and manage a business by:
- Matching you with the franchise business that meets your interest and financial resources.
- Helping identify financing packages that can be tapped to augment your financial resources.
- Providing documentation assistance.
What businesses are available under Order Negosyo?
Order Negosyo offers franchises covering both food and non-food lines.
Franchising is a method of doing business where the buyer (the franchisee) runs a business by using the system and trademark of the seller (the franchisor).
Among the benefits in franchising are:
- According to the Philippine Franchise Association, "a franchised business is three times more likely to succeed as compared to one put up from square one".
- Second, you save on the cost of advertising because not only do you have a well-known and recognized trademark, you also pool advertising resources with other franchisees.
- Third, the franchisor provides the franchisee and staff with detailed training and help. If you were an independent operator, where would you and your staff train?
Who may avail of franchising opportunities under Order Negosyo?
- A Filipino based or working abroad who wants to put up and operate his own business here in the Philippines. Also included are those who are planning to return to the Philippines.
- Interested parties must possess the following qualities:
- Committed and hardworking
- With positive outlook in life
- Willing to be trained in the disciplines of the franchise business systems
- With financial resources to put up a business
Can I qualify even if I have no experience or background in business?
A business experience and/or background is an advantage. However, interested parties with no experience in business need not worry since franchisors will provide training programs.
One of the benefits of franchising is the transfer of information and technology necessary to successfully operate the business.
The rest of the personnel such as supervisors and staff will also be trained. The length of training will depend on the type of the franchise business.
Can I apply even while I am still abroad?
Yes! You can start your own business here in the Philippines while still abroad. You may appoint a representative from among your family member/s to apply and operate your business. Of course, they will be subject to the franchisor's evaluation process.
How much investment is needed?
Your investment will depend on the nature of the franchise business you choose. Order Negosyo has carefully selected the franchise package it offers. Your investment could range from as low as PHP 200,000 to as high PHP 4 million.
Other factors that affect your investment size are:- Size/area of establishment
- Outlet type
- Stock inventory
- Office / space rental
- Permits & licenses
- Other working/operating expenses
In general, your franchise investment includes:- Franchise fee
- Marketing study
- Store design
- Layout assistance
- Training programs
- Leasehold improvements (outlet construction)
- Pre-opening marketing expense, and pre-opening supplies
Do I pay more if I course my inquiry through Order Negosyo?
No, the amount you pay is exactly the same as when you deal directly with the franchisors. In fact, fees are paid directly to the franchisors. With Order Negosyo, you receive the assistance and services with no extra or additional costs.
How much can I expect to earn?
Your income from your outlet/business will depend on a number of factors such as: location, market condition and type of supervision you will your shop, advertising and marketing.
Depending on the franchise business you choose, your recovery period can be anywhere from six (6) to thirty-six (36) months.
What is the ideal location?
The location depends on the franchise business you choose but in general, the following are the locations which are most preferred.
In a mall:- near cinemas
- near food courts
- near main entrances
- near entrances of main parking lots
Outside the mall:- near churches
- near public markets
- near pedicab, tricycle or jeepney stops
- near schools
- near municipal halls
- within commercial areas
- near a loading and unloading area for public transport
- where there is heavy pedestrian traffic
- near entrance of populated residential community
These indications do not automatically mean a good site. The franchisor with its vast experience in site selection, shall assess the feasibility of your prospective site. This comes along with an objective and accurate report on the sales potential of the site.
There are instances when you already have a site in mind. Such location will still have to pass through the franchisor's evaluation and approval.
If you have no specific location in mind, some have a list of pre-approved spaces that are to be franchised.
How soon can I start operating?
Again, this varies form one franchisor to another and will depend on how fast you can submit the documentary requirements.
Once the franchisor has approved your application and you have complied with the other requirements such as personnel training, site construction and equipment installation, then you can immediately start.
How do I start?
Choose a business package that interests you. Submit a Letter of Intent (LOI). For more inquiries, e-mail PITC at email@example.com